The AMP Insights Lab Incubator is a fully-accredited, in-house course that places AMP's marketing experts into a professorial role ' taking Boston University students through a semester-long class exploring the intersection of creativity, strategy and technology through a mix of lectures, collaborative working sessions and creative problem solving.
The 13-week course covers topics ranging from consumer segmenting and user-centric design to an ongoing exploration of trends and technology that are reshaping the marketing industry.
Sounds awesome, right? Here are the 3 top reasons to apply to this amazing course.
We keep it real. Quinn Rodriguez, a former Insights Lab student, said, 'My one word to describe this course so far is realistic. It's boosted my confidence as far as seeing where what I'm learning in class intersects with the real world and given me a really great idea of how many jobs and types of people are in the agency."
It's experience-driven. The 3-hour class consists of an instructional and practical application components. For example, during the User Experience portion of the course, our Director of UX, shared the fundamentals of user experience and information architecture. Then, he challenged students to design user stories and wireframes for a current AMP client. The end result: students have a valuable piece of digital work to add to their portfolio. Additional portfolio pieces include:
- Brand Essence Description
- Critical Thinking Blog Posts/ Writing Samples
- Creative Brief
- Consumer Persona Development
- Paper Prototypes
- Integrated Marketing Proposal for Fortune 500 Marketer
Connections. We're in the business of building relationships, and this course is no different. You meet, learn and network with your peers, AMP employees, brand marketers and the designated client. We attract some pretty legit clients too. Our client roster has included the following:
- 1st Semester: The City of Boston
- 2nd Semester: Students developed an integrated marketing strategy for SKYN and presented to SKYN's VP of Sales & Marketing, North America
- 3rd Semester: Students will present an integrated marketing plan for UNO's Pizzeria and Grill, presenting to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
Sound like the best class ever? To join, apply here by November 19, 2015.