It is rare that I meet with a brand that doesn't have some form of social media presence deployed. Whether it is a Facebook group, YouTube videos or a Twitter page, most brands seem to have taken the advice of the experts and jumped into the dialogue. (Kudos to you all!) However, it is equally rare that I meet with a brand who isn't in some way dissatisfied with their social media efforts. Some aren't seeing the consumer followings they'd anticipated, others are having difficulty keeping up and staffing up for the daily needs of maintaining their effort, and others are simply unsure of what they are and should be doing. (If any of this sounds familiar don't worry you are not alone!)
If you are looking to optimize your social media efforts here is what we recommend. Take a macro view and get strategic before moving forward. Start by asking and answering the following questions:
- What do my consumers think of my activities in social media? What do they need and what do they want from my organization?
- How are my consumers using social media at large?
- What are my competitors doing in social media?
- What do the best in class social media programs look like outside of my industry?
- What benchmark of success are we looking for with our social media efforts?
We guide our clients through this process with a Social Media Assessment & Strategy Development program that is designed to take what clients are currently doing and optimize it so they can move forward and see more results from their social media efforts. It's a fast and cost efficient way of taking the start of something in social and turning it into something amazing (that delivers!) in social.
Learn more about our social media marketing service.